Name:
Location: Hamilton, United Kingdom

I am 37 and live in Hamilton, Scotland. I am married to Lynn and have two daughters, Joanne and Kira.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

First day at school

I am off today (and also yesterday), first day at school for Kira. She will go in for the morning only for a month before going in for the afternoon. She was absolutely fine, it helps that she went to nursery at the school and is used to the environment - in fact today was a shorter day than she is used to as they started at 10am. I don't remember too much about my first day at school but I do clearly remember sitting in class watching one of my classmates being in the middle of a tug-of-war with the teacher and his mum. He was absolutely howling and would not let go of his mum whilst the teacher was holding his other hand and trying to wrest him away from mum. This is a very vivid memory and I can even remember thinking "gee, what a baby", or words to that effect!

I also released a couple of books into the wild. This may sound a bit strange but there is a web-site called Book Crossing, where you log details of books that you no longer want, label them with a unique ID number and leave them in a place where they should be picked up by a member of the public. Once found, that person can then log on to the site and register that this book has been "caught" and once read, they release it again. The idea is that you can keep track of a book that you have released and follow it's progress, possibly to the other side of the world. There is a public phone box about 150 yards down the road from my house and I wandered down this afternoon and left a couple of books there (both with sticky labels on the front saying "I'M FREE, TAKE ME HOME, SEE INSIDE COVER"). I await with interest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home